16 Jan JOB VACANCY AVAILABLE: WEB DEVELOPER
Formedia Marketing and Public Relations has an exciting opportunity for a proactive and reliable PHP web developer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for front and back end development of websites, maintaining and developing existing websites, and supporting with the continued growth and success of our digital department and business as a whole.
Our integrated agency has been trading for over 10 years; working with like-minded clients across the region and beyond. From our top floor offices in Plymouth, you will work alongside a creative and well-connected team as part of one of the region’s most well respected agencies. Alongside a company pension scheme and a generous holiday allowance, we offer a flexible working schedule within a results-driven environment.
• Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 DOE
• Type: Full-time
• Location: Plymouth
Initially, the role will include getting up to speed with our existing projects; as well as familiarising yourself with our hosting environment. As a PHP web developer, you will be responsible for building the front and back ends of our projects, alongside the on-going maintenance of our sites and responding to any support queries from clients. An organised individual, you will aim to achieve maximum performance of our servers, while ensuring the stability and security of our websites and data.
Working closely with our designer, you will map out new projects to a realistic and achievable timeline. You will be expected to contribute to the front-end architecture of the site, with UX in mind, and be responsible for translating the finished design into a working test site. You will have regular contact with clients and relevant third parties throughout the process to ensure the successful deployment of the sites to deadline, therefore strong communication skills are a must.
Additionally, you will be expected to contribute to and support the company’s new business efforts and have a personal responsibility to secure new business. This will include identifying new business opportunities, attending networking events, writing proposals, attending new business meetings, and maintaining strong relationships with key decision makers in our target sectors.
• Determining realistic timelines for the successful delivery of projects
• Assisting with front-end architecture of new projects
• Developing high-quality websites that are true to the original design
• Development of both the front and back end components of web applications
• Deploying your code to live environments
• Server maintenance and administration
• Creating and maintaining databases
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use
• Implementation of security and data protection
• Professionally communicating with clients and third-parties
• Meeting internal and external deadlines
• Contributing to new business efforts
Skills and Qualifications
• At least 2 years experience as a Web Developer
• Proficient knowledge of front-end frameworks, such as Bootstrap
• Strong knowledge of back-end programming using PHP
• Strong knowledge of using MySQL databases to power websites
• Understanding of responsive front-end design and optimising output to match all platforms
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments
on an image
• Strong understanding of security concepts and how to implement them
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
• UK driving license is desirable
• Bachelor’s or similar qualification level in a relevant field is desirable
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.